Picture the moment, its 7am, the alarm blares in your ear, you peer out from under the duvet, its pitch black and know it must be maximum 5 degrees outside, the wind is howling and the rain is pounding – damn, it might as well be the middle of night. And you have to go out and run?! You have GOT to be kidding me?!
You snooze the alarm, crawl back underneath and stay warm.
Procrastination is a dangerous little concept! It creeps up on you and brings you down, right before your day has even begun.
Here are 3 tips to kick that nasty little beast once and for all:
- Think about why you want to go for a run? Does it make you feel alive afterwards? Do you love the outdoors? Do you have a race lined up? Do you want to lose weight?
- Set an intention the night before;
- Tomorrow I will go to the gym at 7am before work because I love the feeling I have all day – it makes me feel alive and successful all day
- In the morning I will run 10km regardless of the weather because I love the endorphin fix I get
- Praise yourself properly – you did it, you got out of bed, you beat the procrastination beast and you worked your body; your body is grateful, your mind is grateful, you’re one step closer to your goal. Be proud of yourself – I am proud of you, I knew you could do it.
What about you, do you struggle with getting up in the morning? Do you have any tips you could add to the list?