This time of year I absolutely love cooking, baking and throwing together cosy snacks! But to be totally honest, when we have regular sweet treats I like to have alternatives to shop bought snacks – mostly because I want to lace them with nutrients and make sure everyone's processed sugar intake is kept to our regular levels! (One sugar hyped wild toddler, baby AND husband would be tooooo much!)
Making your own Christmas treats you really know all the amazing ingredients you have put in and that feels great! You can also bag these up at little Christmas presents. What an absolute win!
I’ll not waffle on too long, here it is, the recipe you need at Christmas!
1 cup nuts & seeds (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, sunflower etc)
¼ cup dried cranberries & goji berries
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup rawcacao powder
¼ cup maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp of maca powder (optional)
• Whisk into the melted coconut oil the cacao powder, maple syrup, salt and maca
• Stir in half the nuts and half the cranberries
• Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet
• Top with the remaining nuts and cranberries
• Place on a lined baking tray in the freezer for 15-20 minutes
• Remove from freezer and use your hands snap into sharable pieces
Enjoy & Happy Christmas Baking!!
Love Kirsty xx