It’s all about the winter warming recipes this month! And this little beauty is a staple at home.
I’ll keep this short and sweet, who has time to read an entire blog post AND then go cooking.I have your time needs right at the front of my mind.
INGREDIENTS (serves 3 or 2 adults and 2 littles)
7 carrots, chopped and with skin*
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 veggie stock cube (organic or home-made)
1. Gently fry the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until the onion become translucent.
2. Add all of the chopped carrots, 2 bay leaves and enough stock/water mix to just cover all of the carrots.
3. Simmer until the carrots are soft. (You can leave this to stand for a little while to cool before blending.)
4. Remove the bay leave and put the whole mixture into to the blender. Slowly blend and let out a bit of steam from the blender.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve.
*Did you know that more nutrients are actually in the skin of the carrot! Wild fact for the day. Keep the skin on and give those babies a little wash.
Enjoy this lovely warming carrot soup, definite favourite of ours!
Sending love, Kirsty xx